« Fabulous Issue 44 - tell us what you think | Main | Would you consider adopting? »

Have you ever overcome a body crisis?

Are you happy with what you see in the mirror? Do you think your opinion about your appearance changes as you get older?

Comments

arussa

yeah many times since i was 14 and now going on 17.weight is like a major big problem for me iv tried all sorts of stuff,when i try on clothes and all that flab sticking out and my face i just cant ber to look at myself.sometimes i slap and hit myself and say nejative things about me,and why shouldnt i.every girl has a dream of having perfect curves.when i wear on clothing my backside really does look really good like for e.g. yesterday coming home from school with a friend and couple of guys from the back wisling it felt really good like sexy.but the biggest isue for me is my stomach iv tried all sorts of diets even your on fabulos and still none which can make me loose it. their should be one which a day we would loose some sort of weight.

Kayleigh Valentine

Since around the age of 14 I have become aware of my weight and how I look. I tried to kill my myself four times, resulting in hospital, seeing four therapists and having physc treatments.

I suffered sexual abuse when I was a child, and I have moved on, I'm not 100% over it as I can't accept what he has done, because it's not right. So I don't think I will ever fully recover.

Now i have a loving boyfriend who is in the Royal Marines, he goes to the gym everyday. He has a fantastic body.

He says I'm gorgeous just the way I am, which makes me think he accepts me for the way I am and who I am!

Sophie B

I developed an eating disorder in my early teens because I was bullied and became painfully aware of every "flaw", now that I'm a little older, and hopefully wiser, I'm a million times happier with my body! I love every little thing about it. My advice is this: you only get one body in life, make the most of it and don't look for flaws that don't exist. Learn to love it, because in the end, you'll be a lot happier for it. I've since learned that in my college group I am the only one who likes their body and I need more people to realise that it doesn't matter as long as you learn to be truly happy!

maggie cooper

my body is more terrific than ever! why! because how you perceive yourself is really all in the mind!I was always a perfect size 12, for many years, and felt that I was average, until I now look at my old pics and think-'who's that hottie'?
I am now older and wiser, and eat well, walk a lot, dance every week and make love as often as possible!
it sure puts a total glow on you and keeps all illnesses at bay!
I am now looking for a husband who's a keen lovemaking fanatic and really knows how to enjoy life, after all it 'takes two to tango'!
the guy I want to share my time with, must be fit, a positive thinker, because without this character trait, he'll be a loser!
George Clooney or Josh Hartnett will do!

Alex

I wouldn't say I've ever had a body crisis as such. But looking back to when I was a teenager, I was definitely all too aware of how I looked and how other people saw me. When you're young, you just want to look like your friends and be beautiful, and I found it could get quite competitive. I used to spend hours a day, daydreaming and obsessing about how I looked. And I'd wear things because they were fashionable and because they looked good on other people. Now I'm older, I realise it's much more important to be comfortable with who I am, and to dress in a way which suits me, rather than because I've seen clothes in a magazine on a model. I also used to worry much more about my weight and what I ate, and compare my daily food intake with my friends', some of whom ate hardly anything. Again though, I now know everybody is different and it's more important to be healthy and to live a lifestyle which suits you.

louisa

Every girl has body issues when they’re a teenager – whether it’s thinking they’re too fat, too skinny, or just ugly, like Cheryl did. But few people let it take over their lives in the way she did. I’m glad that through counselling she has been able to move on with her life, and is now studying for the qualifications she missed out on.

Susie Stamford

It broke my heart to read about Cheryl applying and re-applying her make-up over and over again each morning. She’s a beautiful girl and it is so sad to think of her getting into such a state about being ‘ugly’. It must have been a relief to put a name to her condition, and even more of a confidence boost to win a modelling competition!

carol

The funny thing is when we are young we never see ourselves as beautiful or pretty, but when we grow old and look back at photos of our younger days... we say wow was that me?

Lucy

Everyone has worries about their body at some point - it's part of growing up. But most of us realise eventually that personality is more important to people who matter.

The comments to this entry are closed.