« Fabulous Issue 44 - tell us what you think | Main | Would you consider adopting? »

Have you ever risked your safety after a night out?

Have you got into an unlicensed taxi, either on your own or with friends? Having read Jane’s story, would you now think differently?

Comments

freteergo

Just wanted to say hi to everyone

new to the forums, and i'm glad to meet everyone!

Renata

To be honest, I usually get in any taxi which comes along, whether it's a black cab or an unlicensed one. I'm usually with friends or my boyfriend so don't really think about the potential dangers. I've got an unlicensed one once before when I was on my own and didn't think anything of it. The driver was really nice and friendly, but in hindsight, I realise it was a silly thing to do. Anything could have happened to me. It actually quite scares me thinking about it, now I've read this story. At the end of the night, when you're drunk and tired, and all you want is your bed, it's just so easy to get in a cab, and not think about whether it's a real taxi or not. Although now, I'm going to try and make a conscious effort to check.

Viv Holland

I am ashamed to admit that I’ve used unlicensed taxis in the past. Jane’s story – and the statistics about the number of women attacked every year – really opened my eyes to the dangers, and in future I’ll make sure I always carry numbers of registered cab firms with me on a night out.

Jenny

I've only used a 'stab cab' once - and I was very drunk and with a friend. But if you try to get a cab during the festive season in central London you'll start to understand why people do risk it - you can wait for hours in the cold and be unable to get one. There should be more taxi companies based in the centre of town - rather than in the suburbs...

The comments to this entry are closed.