« Money-saving tips | Main | Gina Yashere »

Wedding trashers

Would you wreck your own wedding gown? Is too much money spent on wedding dresses these days? What do you think should be done with a dress that’s only been worn once?

CLICK HERE TO SHARE YOUR VIEWS NOW

Comments

Miss Maccy

Ohh thats such a fun idea. Though if I did spend so much time (no to mention money) looking for the PERFECT wedding dress I wouldn't want to ruin it by going paintballing... which would seriously hurt anyway!
Though I'm sure just going wild and ruining it would really make you feel empowered and detatched from tradition.

gem

It sounds really good and its not like your going to wear the same dress again so why not make your wedding day photos that bit better and fun! i know i would.

Nicky Siddall

I will be trashing my dress after our wedding next September by surfing in it. My future husband and I are paying for our wedding and my dress and I hope that afterwards it will still 'come clean' enough to be used in some other way (the bodice being made into a 'top')

Jade

I think these ladies are fantastic! What a fun way to recycle the wedding dress that for most women sits under their bed for years and years gathering dust. Not only is it fun to watch but a great bonding event for you and your husband.

Rob - Solent Studios

I'm one of the photographers from the Wedding Dress Trashers article (Nicky and her man Dan in the Sea).

From a photographers perspective wedding dress trashing is just as liberating as it is for the bride.

Caz Yorks ... don't know about the others but Nicky certainly wasn't a "silly rich girl" ... also I think you would have a hard time trying to find a charity shop selling a wedding dress for less than three figures.

Mary-Anne

I just wanted to thank Tantric and Toxic for putting a smile on my face on Sundays. I've just been through a really tough break-up and am dreading going back out into the world of dating. It seems like such a minefield, but I'm hoping their advice will steer me through it. If nothing else, it will keep me amused - and reassure me that my love life isn't all bad! Thanks guys!

Paul

I think it's a really cool, amusing idea from the ladies to do this; quite a laugh!
There's the element of slapstick and WAM (Wet & Messy) involved and as some of the women admit themselves, certainly liberating. I think as a hot-blooded guy, I'd enjoy seeing before and after pics of the brides looking clean and then really messy!
However , I'll agree with one of the main statements that perhaps weddings and wedding gowns/dresses really are getting expensive.
My younger sister, Nicola has recently got married on a budget; the day went very well!

nessa

where cn i find out info about this dress trashing it sounds great.

candice bexton

Wow- what a great idea and especially for those of us who have had a dress up in the loft for many years.I got married in 1996 in a big cinderella style dress,just like kylie in neighbours! At the time I loved the photos but now they are outdated and old fashioned.Even our hair looks outdated{and he hasnt much left now!}How Id love to put that dress back on {if it still fits!} and have some lovely classic black and white shots done of me trashing it!Id love to get it wet and dirty,ive no idea why it just would be so liberating.This would be great to do on our anniversary and it would be nice to have some photos im not ashamed of! Maybe I could have a food fight with the kids? hmm its got me thinking!

Mrs C

I would not wreck my wedding dress it means too much to me and although not a very expensive dress, was certainly an expense that i would not waste, i bought a mint green dress so that i can wear it again without it looking like a wedding dress.
We had a fantastic photographer who even took photos of us on the carousel on Brighton Beach. It was a magical day!!
I do think that some people spend far too much money on weddings, dresses included and can testify to being able to do it all on a budget and still have a wonderful time!!!

caz yorks

what a lot of silly rich girls out there why not take the dress to a charity shop and ask them to sell the dress for a pound then some girl with out a rich daddy or a well paid job can have a wonderfull day

Aisling

Im 18 and not that interested in getting married, all I want is a wedding dress no wedding! I think I would pick to cover my dress in chocolate maybe a chocolate bath.. That way I could eat while doing it!!

The comments to this entry are closed.