« Marriage infidelity | Main | Questions for Jamie Oliver »

Text pest

Do you have an extreme dating story? Do you become obsessive about men? Has modern technology ruined your relationship?

CLICK HERE TO SHARE YOUR VIEWS NOW

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
https://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00e54f7d5d25883300e553d149cc8834

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Text pest:

Comments

Kelly Crowe

Reading this story made me cry, because even though I don't want to admit it, I know I've got PTDD. I'm in a relationship now with a very nice guy (Only 6 days) but I'm 100% certain it's not going to last because of this.

Anyway. I just want to say Thankyou, it's a relief knowing I'm not the only one.

We're not mental!!!...we just can't help it

Heidi

Yes, I totally feel I have this disorder. I have only had 2 boyfriends since my divorce. The first one ended on my accord, but it was because he was to needy for me. My last relationship only lasted 2 months, because I was the needy one. I really liked him and enjoyed being with him. But the minute he could tell I was displaying signs of neediness he was gone. He said I couldn't deal with his speed. I wanted to move fast in the relationship, and in the end it was too much pressure for him. I feel like such an idiot. He was sooo sweet and thoughtful, but the minute he smelled neediness his actions turned cold! I need suggestions on how to handle my emotions and not be so negative when he doesn't call right away or want to hang out every spare minute we have. He says he just needs time and space I hope he will eventually come around.

claire routledge

Hi after my mam passed me this article to read on sunday im pleased am not the only one. Reading someone elses comment at the top of the page there were not alone. My partner that am with now is geting fed up with as already said if i didnt get a reply from a text within 10mins i would send another one then id get upset and annoyed and wonder why he hasnt text me and then we would start arguing. I coulnt control myself it wasnt lack of trust in him i even started to get selfish and thats not me i used to say you cant tell me you cant stop what you were doing for 10mins and reply. He could never see my point and thngs have gone from bad to worse and he couldnt handle it anymore. Just before reading this article in mag i decided to change how im thinking and now the less i text him the better i feel and i think its inproved. I wish i could tell my side of the story how all this has affected me the same as it affected gabriella it would be nice if she was reading all these comments and she felt the same as me that theses others out there who have felt alone until now

Katie

I had a freind who was obsessed by texting her boyfriend to see if he was ok and if he didn't reply within 2 minutes she used to phone me and cry and it ended up ruining the relationships she had. I was so glad when i read the article and passed it on to my friend and now she's releived she's not the only one! Thanks Fabulous!

jordan smith

i fink that Text pest are grate girl friends because it shows thay love you

The comments to this entry are closed.