« Boob jab | Main | Living apart »

Sally Lindsay

Are you a shopaholic or a shopaphobic? Do you prefer shopping to sex? Does the thought of visiting the mall fill you with dread? Or is a day out shopping with your girlfriends your idea of a perfect way to spend a Saturday?

CLICK HERE TO SHARE YOUR VIEWS NOW

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
https://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00e54f7d5d25883300e5526b1b0c8834

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Sally Lindsay:

Comments

Suzie

I love the idea of shopping, the pretty woman moment of walking down the High Street laden with carrier bags full of your new purchases dying to be worn. The reality though is usually somewhat different! If you have enough spare cash to even be able to afford a shopping trip, well... it's a miracle in itself. You start the day dreaming of all the new additions to your wardrobe only to hit the high street and find out that the new ra ra skirts make you look like your wearing a lampshade, the skinny jeans make you look anything BUT skinny and the pretty bow neck blouses infact make you look like A 5yr old who's been playing with her dressing up box, of which clothes were kindly donated by her nan!
I find that I spend most of the day walking round shops trying on clothes that never seem to fit in the right place, make me feel fat, frumpy or just plain stupid and the most I've spent all day was on the sandwich I grabbed for sustinance at lunch and the ruddy parking!

The day usually ends with me going home a right grumpy cow, vowing to never eat again and hating myself for having big hips, skinny ankles (insert aggrieved body part for that day)and never wanting to go shopping again. Until next week that is!!

jd

i have done the meatball dish the way you have done it on tv but when i tried to stick the meatballs togather they would'nt why is this 'JAMIE'

Elizabeth Bagwell

You should have given Ms Lindsey two pages then she could have added the delights of having doors banged in your face, being walked through, like youre invisible, by the far more important people in the shop, having the misfortune to walk in to someone else's particularly smelly fart( I did shout "That WASN'T ME" the last time I got 'THE LOOK' and probably the most annoying thing about shopping, the number of people who don't acknowledge you when you hold the door or try to pass politely in the crowded aisle..then you'll get one who sees you waiting politely and barges past you and the person youre being polite to!(rant rant, ha har)!!! Best wishes. Elizabeth

Tina Spear

I hate food and clothes shopping. Sipermarket shopping is the worst, so my husband has to do it. I make a list but if I cannot find what I'm looking for or they have run out, I get into a panic about finding an alternative! If I do manage to successfully negotiate the food aisles without passing out, I then have to tackle the check-out queues!! Aargh!! I start getting all hot and feel sick and dizzy and usually end upo abandoning the trolley and leaving the store and head to the take away for supper!!! My husband on the other hand can spend hours trawling the special offers etc.. 4hrs in a supermarket is his record so far!!!! Hence the grocery shopping is his domain.

I also agree with Sally about the clothes shopping thing. if I have had to endure a "Girlie" day out I make sure we visit either a coffee shopo or a pub between shops to build my courage and make it seem less like a shopping trip! I totally agree with the comments about the changing rooms; i generally leave them empty handed or just impulse buy and because I can't bear the thought of having to go back and exchange the goods, t

he local jumbles or charity shops benefit from my phobia. Good for them but not my bank balance! Christmas shopping is a real nightmare. I keep list of all the gifts I have given for the last couple of years. We earn bonuses at work which i get in the form of high street vouchers,

I then book a daqy off usually mid- November and take a friend with me. I work out how many female, male and kids gifts I need then go to either Woolworths or Boots 3for2 gift section and just grab what looks good until i have enough gifts for each group.

Then I go to the Pub for a bottle of Pinot to calm myself down! Its not until I get home that i actually decide based on previous lists who gets what gift.I sit in my bedroom with relaxation CD playing and glass of wine and wrap everything up.

I've never had a complaints yet and it means i only have to suffer one day in the high Street!! All the other women in the family love shopping and think I'm a bit of a freak especially when combined with the fact that I love something most women hate? Ironing. I've even taken other peoples ironing in just to keep myself busy.

I put on my fav CD and I'm off. Its so satisfying looking at the piles of clothes neatly ironed.
As wellk as being shopaphobic I'm also sunbathaphobic - boring!!! And so bad for your skin.
Sex is much better than shopping in my book. A workout at the ironing board (which has been set up in the garden on a sunny day)followed by a steamy session works much better for me.(cheaper too)

V

Sally is a girl after my own heart. I also detest shopping with a passion - especially clothes shopping. Many times I have trawled the high street, just to come home empty handed. I know what I want to buy but I can never find it - I'm not a fashion victim, I just wear clothes for comfort. The whole experience of shopping is a nightmare. I would much rather order clothes from a catalogue as the whole process is so much easier and less stressful.

The comments to this entry are closed.