« Sex Online | Main | Living apart »

Paedophile

Do you think Craig Sweeney should be released after only three years? What do you think the correct sentencing should be? Can people like Craig change? Should convicted paedophiles be allowed to live in communities under supervision or locked-up for life?

CLICK HERE TO SHARE YOUR VIEWS NOW

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
https://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00e54f7d5d25883300e5525380d38833

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Paedophile:

Comments

stef

For goodness sake!! This fiend has already done it once before this offence took place. What on earth are the law makers in this country thinking of? How many more times will he be jailed for offences such as these and then released to commit further crimes before he gets a suitable sentence as in LIFE WITH NO PAROLE. Cant this goverment get off its backside and protect the victims instead of being so damn worried about offenders rights? In my opinion if you commit crimes of this nature you should have your rights taken away as you took away the rights of others in this case innocent children who couldnt defend themselves and are now mentally scarred for life.

shampoo

I would like to say that I think they should all be put before courts and then leave it to the parents to decide on a suitable punishment. I am goin thru a case like this myself at the moment with my 9 year old daughter and to think that a man who i loved and trusted abused my child virtually under my nose, sickens my stomach. He will probably serve a sentence and be given a nice new house and identity somewhere, leaving him free to pursue another naive single mum and the 'groomimg' will begin all over again. It all makes me sick and we need to start acting now and standing together to rid the country of these sick evil twisted perverts. STOP PROTECTING PAEDOPHILES AND START PROTECTING OUR CHILDREN!!! This is a problem that is spiralling out of control.

Z

The root of paedophilia should be worked out and destroyed, till then anyone who does it should be hanged by the ***** till he is dead. This country's justice courts are a ridiculous spectacle. Singing "Baa Baa, Black Sheep" in a nursery is racist and a teacher giving a hurt child a comforting hug is paedophilia, but blatant child rape results in only 3 years imprisonment? I only hope my or another person's legal career can bring about some change to this awful legal system.

Jenny Adafinei

God.. I dont have words what to say. I have my self a doughther she is 7 years old.. I am praing to God most of the time to look after her.. This peodophile should be put in prison for life, becouse this little girl she is going to have problems all her life, she will be afraid to walk by her self down the road, she will have most of the nights nightmaer.. I hope she will be ok in the future.. And I hope the b.... his going to be in prison for at lest 20years if not for life.. Because if his going to get out now for sure his going to distroy some other girls life.. And thing how do we know when meting down the road who is hi, or what past does hi have..

gkaur

It is disgusting. I just read the story. I have 2 children and to think this has happened to a child of such a young child. It is disgusting that this person is going to be released at all. He should be locked up for life and maybe someone should tell the people on the inside what he has done. He should be castrated and left to rot. maybe droped in a forest somewhere for food for animals like him.
I am shocked that he got only 3 years, so what if he admitted it, he still did it.
He should not be let out AT ALL. HE WILL SURELY DO IT AGAIN PEOPLE LIKE THAT DO NOT CHANGE.

karen hardy

I think they should let the parents in a room with him and torture the *******

peter

I think capital punishment should be brought back for crimes like this. To think someone can be locked up for 50 - 60 years abroad for what we would consider a petty crime, yet a twice convicted child raping peadophile in britain gets three years? where is the justice in that?

angela

we are the parents of the little girl and we just wanted to thank all of you for your comments .they mean so much to us to know so many people want that beast locked away forever for what he done to our darling little girl.it is people like you lot that keep us going thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
god bless you all xx.

katie sapiano-oakley

i think that peodophiles should go straight to jail its even strang if a man approaches a little girl or boy ITS DISQUSTING!!!!!!111111

Jamal Bin Ladin

The rapist should have been sentenced to death. That would be the sentence in Islamic courts.

michelle.Dickson

how can we have faith in our justice system..when were always let down by it..like this young terrified girl and her distraught family..they shouldnt have to worry about that monster soon coming out ..at the least shouldnt they be allowed to try and put this awful ordeal behind them..as a mum of two myself,i was very saddened and sickened to read their story..my heart goes out to the family..and to the girls courageous mum..but what a farce our justice system is..its so sad..

shopna begum in somerset

The law needs to change, it's about time we (the public) stood up and changed the law for better!. The law should protect our children not the paedolphile's. The law system in UK makes me sick,and there is no justice for the victims.

This man is evil, a monster and should be hanged and thats the only way for sure our children will be safe.

Abbey

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT HE WILL BE OUT IN 3YRS,UNLESS HE IS COMING TO BE HANGED BY HIS BALLS.TO SERVE AS EXAMPLE TO OTHERS.
I THINK IT IS TIME FOR PARENTS AND PARENTS TO BE TO RISE UP AND CHALLENGE THIS LAWS THAT PROTECT CRIMINALS MORE THE VICTIMS.A CHANGE WILL COME WHEN THE PRIME MINISTER OR SOMEONE HOLDING HIGH
POSITION FINDS THEMSELVES IN THIS SITUATION, THEN WE WILL SEE HOW THEY WILL FEEL.

shelly

I like many others was deeply hurt and in tears when reading J's story.
I feel that the justice system in the UK is a joke and Criminals have no deterent, when sentenced to life they should serve life. If they will carry out such awful crimes what is there to put them off as they know they will be released in a short time.
My heart goes out to J and her family and i wish the very best for the future.

Heather

i think it is absolutlety disgusting criminals who attack and abuse children shouldn't have the right to an early release anyway. every abuser should be strapped to the electric chair by the testicles and left to rot.
Children shouldn't have to live in fear, if anything there sentences should be life and they should actually serve life.
This is the only country that lets criminals go on good behaviour.
isn't that the point that they broke the law so should be locked up and serve there full sentence. the world is a mess cause life doesn't mean life anymore and people take things into there own hands cause the justice system is screwed.
how many more children have to suffer

Paula

How on earth can this monster ever be trusted in the community again! He should never ever be freed, he does not deserve a life. I truly believe he is evil and will always be a disturb sick monster!! Shocking story! I wish from the bottom of my heart that J will grow into a strong and happy little girl. Best wishes for future happiness x

Faqi

In the US of A he would have got life without parole. End of story. Monsters such as this should never be let out. It is the duty of the courts to protect the public in this case a child and not vice versa.

Claire

My heart goes out to this poor family. Their hell will continue until justice is done. The country is too soft on such crime which gives criminals no incentive to seek help or curb their behaviour. Our priority must be to protect the innocent at all costs - if that means applying the maximum sentence in ALL cases then so be it. As an expectant mother I would ask the judge in this case 'what could be more important than the trust, safety and purity of our nation's children?'. Our love and care for them is what sets us aside from beasts like ********* (I cannot bring myself to post his name and add to the swine's notoriety).

Antonio de Genaro Jr

As a father of three kids i think this kind of people will never change. So, we must pay full attention and never live our children alone.

ali

Parents should hire a hitman, and hope there will we such a public outcry that they'd be aquitted

j Smith

People like this have no place in our society, once you break the rules like that, there is no coming back. Simply, they should never be released

Amber

Really, everyone knows they can't change - It is a sickness that cannot be cured, and they need to be locked up for life in special units specifically for paedophiles, where doctors and scientists can study them to try to figure it out and hopefully prevent such atrocities from occurring in the future. Poor Poor Family - DO NOT LET HIM OUT - HE WILL DO IT AGAIN, I'd bet my eye teeth.

James Pritchard

Being a loving uncle. I can honestly say that the sentences handed down to these disgusting animals is outrageous. The government should be ashamed of itself. Far to many people are living in fear. Personally, I think that an operation should be performed on all sex offenders whereby they will only ever be able to use there genitalia again to pass water. This kind of debate has been raging on for far too long and not much action seems to be being taken. It's about time that something was put in stone. And quickly.

joanne old

I think that scum like Craig Sweeney should be castrated and locked up for life. Not only has he destroyed a young childs whole life but her family's as well, so the punishment should fit the terrible pain he has inflicted that can never be repaired.

graca p

how could anyone do that she was only 3 years old .
i give all my love and hope to the family .
they must be very strong to go through all of this .

The comments to this entry are closed.