« Sex Online | Main | Living apart »

Meet the freemales

Is it better to be single or loved up? Are people who desperately seek a man far too needy? Or are those who are eternally single way too fussy for their own good? Who do you think has more fun? Is it important to have stability in your life?

CLICK HERE TO SHARE YOUR VIEWS NOW

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
https://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00e54f7d5d25883300e5525376508833

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Meet the freemales:

Comments

Susanna S

Single and loving it. I'm in my thirties, well travelled, highly educated, in a professional job, great friends and social life..I don't have time for a man. The only time I feel a bit lacking in this area is when others (usually older or loved up) mention the fact that I'm single..however it seems to be more and more the norm anyway..I have a wide circle of single friends in the same position. I must add that I am also divorced and have two kids. I am so much happier outside of a relationship than I have been in one..As for the comment 'no-one wants to be alone'..sorry I do sometimes and the rest I have as much company as I need..

Melissa

Hey,
I would rather be single than loved up, as i am still young and want to travel do loads and a man would probs slow me down. I wudnt want to have to rely on a man for everythin i am far too independed for that. But sometimes is nice to have a man there to cosie up to at nite, watch movies with, but i can do that with my girls aswell so SINGLE deffo the way to go. x

Sarah

Mmmmm well I am one of those people who has been splitting up with their partner for 4 yrs now! For financial and insecurity issues I have stuck with this relationship, as we both get on, but do not want the same out of life now we've grown up a little and learnt a few more lessons. I do feel I am wasting my life by not moving on, however am in a rut over not being able to move on and still enjoy the lifestyle I've become accustomed to, so its a viscious/selfish circle Im living in. Lets hope I can gain some strength from these independent, happy freemales and get myself a life .......... SOON!

lisa

i too have been hurt badly in the past but you grow wiser and stronger to the men who are potential love cheats i thought i would never meet and fall in love again.I have now met my soul mate he is 32 and im 36 and he is absolutely wonderful to be around you can have a solid relationship and still have your freedom to do your own thing me and my partner have space and time apart from each other and the relationship is great

Roz

Hi

It's Roz here, I was one of the women in the feature and I would just like to say that contrary to Pam's views, the way I live my life is not because I have been hurt in the past or am trying to omit pain from my life. We have all been hurt in the past and pain is part of that but we brush ourselves down and move on. The interview and the feature was about a place where I am in my life at the moment and about living life to the full whether you are single or not. Being single is a destination in itself, not a waiting room and it is about living life for the moment and not looking for the next big love. As they said in the shawshank redemption you can get busy living or get busy dying and whether i have a man in my life or not, i intend to get busy living! I'll drink to that! Roz :-)

pam

These women have been hurt in the past by men and by cutting out the source of the pain by ommiting men from their life.They are protecting themselves from being hurt anymore by men and are filling the void by constantly occupying there time, then saying they haven't got time for men.Part of having a relationship is that most of the time they do not work out.You pick yourself upand start again,it can keep on happening again and again, you just have to carry on,that is life.
It is a sad state of affairs when we come to this and is maybe due partly to the fractured society we live in today. No-one wants to be alone, I feel sorry for them.

Sam

I agree with the free males. Far to many people seek for a relationship and then when there in them they depend on them. Then when they break up they dont know where to turn.
Im single and im happy. Yeah i spose sometimes you look at cute couples and think i'd love that.
But then i have everything i need. A good social life and good friends. Im independent and for all those people who are seeking love... well i think just enjoy yourself and if its meant to happen it will happen .
Enjoy being single, because its true you dont need to be in a relationship to be happy, you just have to relise that.
Singles the way foward .

Alone but not lonely

After I divorced my husband 4.5 years ago, I have never been happier and more satisfied about my life. I have been free to do whatever, wherever, however and with whomever I choose - and I would not change my life for anything. I do not have to report to anyone about my doings and I hold responsibility of my actions only to myself.

I do not think that people appreciate freedom enough and, in many known occasions, people seem to settle for the second best only because being alone scares them too much. I might live alone and not be in a relationship - but I am not lonely and at least I am in the best company I could ever wish for! Stability is something that no man could ever provide for me, it has to come from within myself.

I see women who are desperately looking for 'The One' or hanging onto impossible relationships as highly insecure and needy for their own good. Also, if I was given a penny every time a friend or a colleague complains about their relationship, I'd be a millionaire by now - and I'd rather be fussy about the people I choose to spend my time with than constantly moan and groan about someone I have previously labeled as 'The One'!

Being or not being with someone is a choice and my choice, at least, is not dependent on those pink shades that will fall off your eyes within the first couple of years.

Chantelle Balfe

I totally loved your article on "Meet the freemales" It really showed how this is the 21st century and you CAN be a woman without a man. I enjoyed reading about real womens experiences as singletons and their luxurious lifestyles. These women are the kind of women that us ladies should be looking up to! I admired their honesty about how they live - and I just want to say how these are the articles that really make my Sunday's!
Thanks
Fabulous

Graham Read

Good luck to them I say, as a 51 year old male I'm more than happy to live in a female free home.

Agnetha

I have never wanted to be married or have children There's less hassle without a man trying to control you.

The comments to this entry are closed.