« Deadly addiction | Main | Terrorised by children »

Fabulous Attitude - Ulrika Jonsson

How did you find pregnancy? Have you brought up children on your own? Do you think it matters if there’s only one parent around? Would you do anything differently?

CLICK HERE TO SHARE YOUR VIEWS NOW

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
https://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00e54f7d5d25883300e551f81c7b8833

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Fabulous Attitude - Ulrika Jonsson:

Comments

carla

I have bought up a daughter alone for 11 years. The only thing that i feel i have missed out on with having a partner is the shared responsibility. At least on my own i have been able to focus purely on myself and my daughter, and not on keeping a relationship going. I look at some of my married friends who have their childrens father in their lives and feel sorry for them. They not only have to do everything for the kids, they also have to do it for their partners as well! At least i can bring up my daughter as to how i see fit. I think that a big part of it is children Knowing who their father is at least they have some form of identity. Having their father in their life is a bonus (if a good father), but as the saying goes one good and happy parent is better than two bad unhappy ones.

louise a'hern

would i do anything differently,OH YES!! i would never of had a child without being married first. i was left holding both babies. homeless,first,on benefits,no job,money. AT LEAST IF YOU ARE MARRIED/TO BE DIVORCED. you have rights,AND A DIVORCE SETTLEMENT! its something that would of given me a whole different life,to the one i have had the last 13 yrs!

louise a'hern

following on from my last e mail. so how can i go back to work now? i have no financial help for my daughter,even if he paid the csa,as im on benefits,i would only get the first £15 a week,[if im lucky] if women left their children,nearly as often as men do....WHERE WOULD SOCIETY BE?? men should legally not be allowed to do this.that is mainly why,kids grow up the way they do these days.too much pressure on the mum,TO DO IT ALL.CHILDREN DO NEED BOTH PARENTS,WHENEVER IS POSSIBLE. and as for the csa!!! what happened to them closing it down,and opening a new system.lots of parents would be interested to know about this. louise a'hern

louise a;hern

i have brought two girls up on my own.one is nearly 13 now.the other 3. my first daughters fatheris now living in ireland/wales,as a regional sales manager. having a child,did not affect his career on bit.he decided,that he was not going to see his daughter anymore,at the age of 7.he was moving to ireland.and could no longer commit to her!!!he phoned her,told her,and from that moment on,changed her life forever. i have flitted from one little job,to another,struggling all our life.child care etc.to eventually giving up.and having to go onto benefits.i then entered another relationship.we agreed to try for a baby.i eventually fell pregnant some 14 mths later.during which time,i had more or less realised,i had to get out of this relationship. i was pregnant.now also homeless,walking the streets to the council offices,bleeding,thinking i was having a miss-carriage. eventually got to the doctors,then the hospital,all was ok.i never went back to that relationship. i am now still struggling on benefits.living in a private rented house.no houses with the council.if i went back to work,i would have to pay all the rent and council tax. considerably a lot more in private accomodation. my daughter started school in jan 08.she is there for 2hr and 45min each morning.FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS!!

The comments to this entry are closed.