« Quarter-Life Crisis | Main | 'Dumped For My Gym Addiction' »

Should Women Propose?

Should women propose? Who do you agree with - Catherine (Yes) or Tad (No)? Are you a women who has proposed yourself? Would you ever do it yourself? Let us know your thoughts.

CLICK HERE TO SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
https://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00e54f7d5d25883300e5507955748834

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Should Women Propose?:

Comments

jeska

i think anyone can propose. i just proposed to my boyfriend. he said yes, but he wants to buy a ring. we are 15 years old. that seems young, but people used to get married at age 12 and have several kids by the age 15. we have also been best friends forever. i decided to propose because we have never been normal.

alana from wiltshire

I think that Tad sounds sexist by saying about 'mans work'. That's what equality is all about...it's about the fact that there is no 'mans work' because women are just as capable. I think that if a woman wants to propose then she should do it. She'd be well within her rights and if she thinks that it's love, let her act on it. Just because tradition states that men should propose, doesn't mean women can't. At a wedding ceremony they no longer say "I now pronounce you man and wife", because it defeats the object of equality, so they say "husband and wife". If church services can change for equality then so can tradition.

colin jones

stay strong & enjoy ypure new happiness be happy you come through it &love what youve got

FAITH OLUWATOSIN(MISS)

THERE IS NOTING WRONG WITH A WOMAN PROPOSING. EVERYBODY NEEDS LOVE AND WHEN YOU FALL IN LOVE, YOU SHOULD NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW IT .WHO SAYS A MARRIAGE WHERE A THE WOMAN PROPOSED FIRST WON'T BE SUCESSFUL. PEOPLE JUST GET THEMSELVES HELD BACK BY THIGNS THAT CANNOT BE SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN

sheryl

It's more romantic if a man proposes i think...not to mention alot of men are commitement phobes, so by them proposing it proves they've really thought about it and want to be with you,
it sounds desperate coming from a woman.

louisekaye

no because its cheesy and embarassing .

Felicity Heart

Men should do the proposing. Why? Cos they don't do much else.

Hannah

Yes Women should propose!! it should be allowed everyday because it is sexist! My husband serevudd proposed to me 2 day so that i would not propse tommorow! haha hes a funny guy but i love him

Margaret Tomlinson

I proposed to my husband Keith 16 years ago – I had been working overtime on the Saturday morning. On the way back to my car, I called into Tie Rack and bought my husband a bright new tie as he had to wear them for work. I got home and went into the back room where my 6 year old daughter, Michelle and Keith’s 5 year old son, Robert were playing. I had already mentioned to Michelle that I was going to ask Keith to marry me and they were so excited, they both ran into the front room where Keith was sitting, blurting out that mum wants to ask you something. So I leant over him with the tie and put it round his neck stating I think it’s about time we tied the knot – how corny – but he with a tear in his eye said yes - you organise it and I’ll be there – a man of few words and he’s never changed. We had been living together for 4 years so I have always considered 4 as my lucky number. We got married on 20 June 1992 – we planned a quiet wedding as we had both been married before, but friends and relatives wanted more. We are now grandparents to our 2 gorgeous grandchildren Junior 4 and Kealy 2

sarah storer

im a women, who thinks that women and men are the same, {in some ways} i.e all house work, kids and day to do, why should women be left at home while men work!
the only thing i agree with is, if a man does more work, heavey lifting or are stronger then yes there pay should be more, so when i saw the "should women propose?", it go me thinking!
me and my husband talked about getting married, as we are teen sweet hearts, its something we use to talk about and laugh about, but i think if was the one to aks him, with a ring, i think it might have took the point of getting married away from his standereds as he can be old fashion in some ways and he believe that u should only get married once {i agree},
yeah dont get me wrong, the whole ask your father thing, might not be for this day and age, unless ur family are that way {thats ok} but men like it that they sill have something they can still do which is romatic! some partnerships work diffrerent, and some women wear the trousers, so i think, leave it to the couple to deside, if u havnt known ur partner for long or in side out then thats a mistake that some women might make! i say if it works for some couples go for it, some men are shy and dont go for that whole thing, but men do ur bit and get in there first, make her feel special!!! "fabulous u got me thinking!"

yours

s storer

sue lodwick

hi fab mag, i proposed tomy fella 20years ago on feb 9th, we had been dating for 13days. we will be celebrating our 19th wedding anniversay this august. I love him more today, and i think that every one has the right to propse if they want to, wether it be on 29th of feb or not.

Steph from Leicester

I agree with Catherine that women should propose, I proposed to my Fiance on 29th Feb and it was the best thing I ever did. It wasnt planned it just felt right at that moment so I asked him and he said yes! We have been married for 2 years now and very happy :)

The comments to this entry are closed.