« Do women have it tough? | Main | Are you a wedding addict? »

Has therapy changed your life for the better?

Like Lily, if you’ve had therapy, are you quite happy to talk about it?

Comments

Sasha

Theropy saved my life too when i was 13 becuase i kept on trying 2 kill my self but now i am 23 and have a beautiful girl and a wonderful husband so well done lily keep up the good work xx

Georgia

I've never seen a therapist but I can see why Lily thinks it's a good idea. Sometimes talking to a stranger and getting things out in the open are all you need to give you some perspective.

Kaye Kidd

For the past ten years i've been in and out of therapy and was diagnosed with paranoid schizopheria.
Prior to that I had split up with my boyfrein after having a termination which went diasterusly wrong. I got my date muddled up and I nearlly died.
The abortion was down to someone elses poor advise and it was my first pregnancy.
Therapy was difficult for many years because I didn't understand my illness.
Through alternative therapy (which I was reintroduced to in hospital on a section)I have saved my own life.
I am now myself a holistic therapist and have written an autobiography called They say I'm paranoid ...and what about schizophrenia.
It's at the publishers at the moment (Authorhouse)and I am in the process of writing my first novel about the struggles and dileberations I have had with the british Mental Health system.
Please contact me for more information.

Tracey

It really hit a cord with me when I saw the front cover of Fab magazine, "therapy saved my life" by Lilly Allen. How brilliant and brave of her to admit to this taboo secret. People think there is something wrong with you when you see a therapist, it is quite the opposite, if anything, you are more aware of what you are doing in your live and have more chance of making positive changes.

Like Lilly, therapy saved my life too, I have been in therapy for the last 10 years and made so many amazing changes thanks to the support of my therapist! When I first started I did talk about what I was doing but people struggled to deal with it. Now I am more choosy who I tell to protect myself.

Well done Lilly, keep up the good work! xx

The comments to this entry are closed.