« Do girls look better with less make-up? | Main | What do you think of Alice’s story? »

What do you think of the lavish teenage parties?

Is it an obscene waste of money or do they deserve them? Is there too much peer pressure on teenagers or is it their parents fault?

Comments

kenneth Templeton

Well........a Golf GTi for a 15 year old......£20,000 horse, jewelled mobile phone, etc etc

I just hope the parents business is that profitable to sustain this kind of excess

& that the insurance companys clients are prepared to continue to fund such lavish nonsense.

How will this girl ever know what reality is?

I am appalled by this, & echo the majority of comments already made on this forum

dott

At the end ot the day its not what youve got or posessions or parties etc,its who you are as a person (personality) etc.wheres all the old morals gone?.

dott

I think its the parent faults,parties are nice n every child should have them but teenagers these days are spoilt not all, but a lot are.They dont no the value of money and its who can be the best or have the best.Its the parents that they copy or what life style the parents bring the child up with,if the parent allows the child to have all the wild things etc that some of the kids have or exspect todaY,well the child will grow up thinking its the way of life.

AN Other

The economic climate doesn't even come into it. It's the individual's choice, and as long as it's safe, legal and no-one is hurt or injured, then it should be OK.

As for the Volkswagen Golf GTI, well, it's no match for a Vauxhall Astra 1.8 Life 5-door, is it?

Karen Cox

I READ WITH TOTAL DISMAY THE STORIES OF THESE GIRLS AND THEIR OVER INDULGENT PARTIES. THESE GIRLS HAVE NO TRUE CONCEPT OF THE VALUE OF MONEY. REALITY CHECK, THE PARENTS WILL HAVE A CROSS TO BEAR IN A FEW YEARS TIME,THESE GIRLS WILL HAVE NOTHING TO AIM OR WISH FOR. AT 15, QUOTE I DONT THINK IM SPOILT!!! PLEASE GET HOLD OF YOURSELF, AT 15 MY DAUGHTERS HAD £50 AND A PYJAMA PARTY. THE REASON YOU DO NOT BELIEVE YOU ARE SPOILT IS BECAUSE YOU HAVE NEVER KNOWN ANY DIFFERENT. MONEY DOES NOT REPLACE TRUE LOVE TIME AND VALUES OF A LOVING FAMILY LIFE.

Rebecca

I think that people need to get a grip with reality and stop trying to out do each other - let the Children and Young People just be Young without the pressures of materialism!! Who wants a Paris hilton generation?!!!!

It's about being an individual without buying People!!!

Sammy

I've never heard of anything so ridiculous - all these families should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves, especially given the current economic climate. If they’ve got money to throw away, why don’t they help people who need it?
Sammy

Sammy

I've never heard of anything so ridiculous - all these families should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves

Jenny

I am shocked at the "teen party queens"! I am 18 and since I was 10 I have had to help out at the family business and work hard for anything and everything I've ever wanted. I had to juggle studying and working 30 hours a week to get good grades, and here is someone spending £60,000 on a 15th party!! It's hard for anyone not to think they're spoilt.

The comments to this entry are closed.