« Have you sacrificed Christmas with your family to help people in need? | Main | What do you think of Oxana’s story? »

Have you ever been addicted to exercise?

What do you think is worse - too much exercise or not enough? How much do you exercise? How much exercise would you be prepared to do for your ideal body?

Comments

OH

I am sorry to hear about your addition. I know what you are going through. I became addicted to excercise about 10 years ago. I was getting up at 5am doing 11/2 hours in the morning before work then anothe 1 hour in the evening, I cleaned windows until 1 am, I weighed about 7st and am 5ft 6",in the end I made myself very ill and had to spend 4 months in bed not moving. I couldnt exercise for about 5 years, put on weight and got very depressed ( suicidal).

Please get and take and much help as posssible. Something will work. x

SARAH REID

After my daughter was born 4 years ago I wieghed 18 1/2 stone and was a size 24. Seeing photos of myself made me feel so ashamed. Aswell as having severe post natal depression on attenmpting suicide 4 times, I have lost 10 stone and everyone thinks I should be over the moon, but excersize has become an obseession,it has taken over my life. I can do 7 hours step aerobics a day aswell as an hours run and walk, that was until october when my health took a serious downturn and I slit my wrists in desperartion. Stress has got so much I am having 3 epileptic seizures a day-last week I had 4 including the worst one I'D ever had and stopped breathing. My husband says he cant take much more, he has put up with so much. I get up at 4 am do step aeobics and will spend every free minute doing steps as I am unable to leave home to run any more due to my seizeres. If I dont sort muself out soon I am going to lose my husband, health is going to detiriorate furthur. Councelling hasn't helped but I started psychothepy before christmas and hope that will do the trick. I am desperate to sort myself out, if I don't excersize I am terrified to eat and fear everything that passes my lips will make me ballooon again, if I eat somthing sweet I am like a wild animal craving more sweet foods anmd binging. At one point I was taking laxatives, yesterday I made myselft sick for the 1st time. I am desperate. Aswell as this I have OCD, a fear of getting dirty, touching doorhandles. I have noticed my daughter picking up on my habits-using tissues to open doors etc and worrying about food. I am desperate for help, if I can share my story and help people or if you know anyone who can help me please get in touch

Anna

It's so sad that Maria let exercise take over her life, but I understand how easy it can be to let that happen. Working out gives you such a buzz and when you notice your shape changing and get compliments, that makes it so addictive. But I think she should try and get more help because letting it get in the way of having children is a step too far. At the end of her life she won't look back and think: "I wish I'd exercised more", she'll be more likely to think: "I wish I had had children…"

Sam

Before I got pregnant I used to work out six maybe, seven times a week, I loved it! Mind you I do working from home as a writer with a gym at the end of my road I did have the luxury of being able to do that. It was more about health and sanity than my figure - I had a toned body but not a really muscly one.
Having done that for 20 years (since I was 17) I know that it takes a lot of effort and that celebrities who flaunt 'fit' bodies probably have to work out a lot more than I did!

The comments to this entry are closed.