« Paralysis | Main | ‘I had a boob job to look like my sister’ »

‘How do I tell them Daddy died helping a stranger?’

Would you be a hero? Would you help a stranger in trouble? How would you feel if somebody you loved died for someone they didn’t know? Would you feel proud or resentment?

CLICK HERE TO SHARE YOUR VIEWS NOW

Comments

Zara

I am full of respect and admiration for people like Tasawar Hussain who step in to help when they see crime and wrongdoing. Selfishly, I know if I was ever in a similar situation, I would think of my own safety first and would never get involved. I can't begin to imagine the pain Naila and their children have been through, but I hope the fact that Tasawar died a hero helped them when they felt low and in despair.

Maria

My heart went out to the women featured in your story. To lose the one you love in such horrible cicumstances must be heartbreaking. What has this country come to when people are murdered for trying to protect their property or stop a crime being committed? This climate of fear has got to be stopped before more innocent people lose their lives. The police, the government, communities all need to work together to abolish these mindless acts of violence.

ANON (CROYDON)

what a sad state this great nation of ours is in. even as a boy 30years ago the notion of not stepping in to prevent a crime was never even considered. mind you, with 11year old gang shooting victems, 13year old mothers and behaviour from Winehouse/Katona/Moss/Price/Allen/Marsh/Geldoff etc. that would embarass untrained, uneducated Baboons , what is left to shock and apall? the day of the common man or woman has passed and with it goes basic decency and respect for your fellow human being. so too goes the willingness to step in & prevent some of todays most heinous crimes. if you doubt this just ask Peter Woodhams, no, wait, you can't because he and many others like him DIED doing just that. every evening i say a prayer for the loved ones of these heroes, because that's exactly what they will be remembered as by me and my family. i hope i have 1/10 their backbone if i am ever in the same position.

The comments to this entry are closed.