« Mel Giedroyc | Main | Fabulous attitude »

Adoption diary

Were you adopted? If you were, would you consider searching for your birth parents? Do you think it’s worth the emotional rollercoaster that goes with the searching? Would you be happy never knowing your birth parents?

CLICK HERE TO SHARE YOUR VIEWS NOW

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
https://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00e54f7d5d25883300e554a8748e8833

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Adoption diary:

Comments

debbie langford

hi i have just aproched my adopted brother through dr barndos he hasread his back ground files he has 4 sister n 2 brothers who would loved to meet him he asked for pics which i sent but didnt get none back of him he has told dr barnodos there is to many people to met but is also really moved about the aproched its been 7 months now n have not heard anythink .any advice thank u

linda walsham

I was adopted at 3 weeks old and have spent the last 40 years thinking about my birth mother. 3 weeks ago I hired a private investigator to trace my mother and she has been found. It was an amazing feeling to at last have my original name and her name. I know where she lives and that I have a brother, I wrote her a letter and delivered it by hand to her house but as yet haven't heard anything and it is eating me up, I am now desperate for her to contact me, does anyone have any advice?

michelle

in 1995 i was 14 and found myself pregnant,i was one of the 1st of the teenage mums epidemic of the 90s. my parents had split up and i lived with my mum and sister,i was too scared to tell my mum,but my friends knew eventually at 7months my parents found out,needless to say they were appalled and ashamed of me so much so i had to live in my bedroom for the following 2months. i had my daughter and was given the choice of living in a mother and baby unit and never seeing my family again or having her adopted,although i felt at the time i was being forced in the decision,i see now im 28 and a mum that i could never have been able to give my daughter what she needed,i just hope when and if we finally meet she knows i only wanted the best for her and hope everyday shes happy out there .

BILL MURFIN

I was put into care when I was 2 months old. I was passed from Children's home to children's home for 12 years before being adopted. I found it hard to settle into family life after being institutionalised for 12 years. I have only thought about tracing my parents since I met my wife and have become a step parent. I have details of my mother, but nothing much on my father. I have been trying to trace her for the last 8 years, but to no avail. I would love to meet her, I believe I have 3 half sisters and a half brother.

karen campbell

i was adopted when i was about 6 years old. i have always wanted to find my mum! it could just be the fact you know nothing about your roots! i have tried for approx 30+ years to find her, to no avail. i join genes reunited a few years ago and look avid at any bodies tree that could hold the clue! i have over recent years put it on the back burner as i thought i would never find her. then one day this year in march i received a link to look at somebodies tree, i left it until this august, and then realised we had a connection. i e-mailed for a week and then it was my 50th birthday and on that day i received an e-mail from my mum.The best birthday present EVER.

gavin g guy

i was adopted 30 years.ive never met my real family. i would love to meet them.so i can get to know my family history.p.s i cant blame them

The comments to this entry are closed.