« 'I need 5 men to keep me happy' | Main | 'Only 18... but I've slept with 50 men' »

Alcoholic, homeless and broke

Have you ever battled an addiction? Did you over-come it? Would you seek help for an addiction? Do you think celebrities are making rehab seem glamorous?

CLICK HERE TO SHARE YOUR VIEWS NOW

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
https://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00e54f7d5d25883300e552153edf8833

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Alcoholic, homeless and broke:

Comments

Tam

Jayne,

Do treatment centres have to cost £1500/week upwards to be effective?!

My 50-year-old brother's badly alcoholic & we just don't know what to do to help him. He won't admit to his drinking problems & I'm just worried that one of these days, we'll end up with someone badly injured because of his addiction.

Where do we start?

Help!

Thanks,
Tam

Deanha Neely

i have being fighting with addiction for the last 7 years of my life but it hasnt being with alcohol its being with heroin and crack cocaine, for the last 3 days i have managed to find the inner strentgh to stop me going out and getting herion i no its only 3 days but to me that is a life time as for the past 7 years i havnt done anything other than try to get my next fix of drugs. i have being started on a perscription with my doctor to stop me feeling the physical withdrawl symptoms also i have bin luck enough to have bin given a drug worker to help me in my fight against this and the hell ive being living for the past 7years, i no i need more than a doctor and drug worker to help me succeed i also need inner strength and self belief which i have had for the last 3 days by evening tomorow i will b able to goto my drug worker wiyh my head held high and get my first clean test. i can only hope now that i continue in my challenge and continue to succeed i feel i will this time as ive never had the inner strength andself belief i have in myself at the moment so fingers crossed eh?? also i would like to say a BIG well done to anyone who has managed to beat an addiction its a very hard thing to do so just lets all hope we all stay strong and keep succeeding and doing well in life and achieving our goals rather than letting an adiction beat us. keep your head up, also keep smiling and always remember to belive in yourself as if you dont belive in yourself how do we expect others to? take care and b happy, Deanha Neely (x heroin addict 3days clen, yipeee)

colin

well done , so far , so good. like you ,my last bit of money went on rehab.(posh nuthouse). celebs like all of us need places of help. media coverage maybe hyping it up as cool.endorse a.a. meets as ongoing 16th year up to today. anyone yawning at my last comment,no prob i got the benefits

Alan

Well done,but the hard bit is staying stopped,and only reguler visits to the rooms of AA is what you should do now,remember that one is never cured for it`s ipossible to ever return to so called social drinking,once an alcholic always ancholic,i say this after 19 yrs of sobriety and attended my 3rd. meeting of the week today,AA does`nt stand for arsing around and fooling yourself that one is cured.take care alan

Jayne

I Can now call my self a recovering alcoholic. My life was a sham. I was married with two children and that demon drink took over my life. My marriage wasn't good from the start but I wanted it to work, he used to beat me black and blue in front of the children but I loved him. I started to drink, it took away my misery and I liked feeling happy. But the problems still stayed. I started drinking during the day and it progressed. My children who I love so much saw me in some terrible states. I would go to the shop 1st thing in the morning, I was a regular at 8am. Sometimes going back for more in the afternoon. I'd hide bottles in all kind of places. I looked ruff and I felt ruff but still did it. Never giving a dam about anyone else but me and my drink. The time came and I left my husband, the beginning of a new life. I tried to get sobar, I knew what I was doing but I couldn't. My children needed me and I needed them. Drink was now makeing me miserable. I rang a treatment centre only 8 miles away and went for my assesment on the 9th January 2006. I have never touched a drink since. They worked hard wih me and it was tough. I went everyday for 14weeks, leaving at 7.45 every morning. All my defects were pointed out to me. I was ashamed. They pulled me down and then built me back up again. I hated the councellors, all I feel for them now is love. My children got their mum back and I have a happy life. My life is wonderfull and I have a lot of laughs in it. It can be done, believe me. I never thought i'd get sobar and now i'm 16months clean. If you want sobriety you'll do it.

The comments to this entry are closed.