« Shopping addict | Main | Hyper heels »

Skinny-fat syndrome

Have you undergone a body transformation? What’s more important to you, looking good or being healthy? Do you think about the long-term implications of dieting to look good?

CLICK HERE TO SHARE YOUR VIEWS NOW

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
https://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00e54f7d5d25883300e5540027ee8834

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Skinny-fat syndrome:

Comments

Jo Nelson

Liked your article on fat percentage. What happens if you have been slim all your life, apart from pregnancies, to find one day you have put on 1 stone, then go on a roller coaster of going to WW, then Slimming World and on to Rosemary Conley to find you have gone up from the 10st+ when you have always been 8.10 to end up at 12stone on the last diet class? I have never been a binger as in lots of crisps, chocolate, biscuits, chips etc. etc. but I guess because my husband is both the cook and controller around here, my portions are not right, even though I insist on a small plate and he refuses to cook the fabulous diets you have shown in today's Fabulous, because being senior citizens he does not want to restock the larder, we have mountains of stuff in the freezer to use up. Any suggestions. Took 18 months to lose 2stone and 3 months in Florida with my daughter who has LUPUS, to gain 10lbs because 1, its too hot to walk far, and 2. classes are a long way from where she lives as it is in the sticks and we were sitting down every day in her Wedding Shop. She has a pool, so swim a lot, we ate sensibly no fast foods, lost the 10lbs at WW yet again but going out for 3 months in 2 weeks, any suggestions, their food is not quite the same as ours.
Look forward to some advice out there. Thanks for your brilliant magazine I shall miss it whilst out there they do not put it inside the newspapers.

Hilda Kwafo-Akoto

I loved your article "Are you fat on the inside" (issue 29) it is reassuring to be informed that just because someone is slim does not necessarily mean their not fatty on the inside. It is great news that a woman who is a size 14 has the perfect ratio of fat to lean mass.It also makes a mockery of the notion that skinnny people can binge on junk food without there being any consequnces. To all size 8 slobs you may be slender on the outside but your are likely to be fat on the inside.

Hilda Kwafo-Akoto

icicle

I think being fit is much more important than being slim. Size 8 Leila may look healthy on the outside, but it's clear all that junk food and lack of exercise is taking its toll on her body. Body fat is a great way of measuring your overall health and I'm going to get tested myself after reading this feature!

Felicity Johnson

I loved your article on the 'skinny-fat syndrome'. It always frustrates me when my skinny friends seem to stuff their faces while never gaining even one pound. But now I can take comfort in the fact that, while they may look good on the outside, they may well be fatter than me on the inside!

caseyfronczekfan

I heard it last night while listening to C2C and was wondering if anyone knows where their is streaming
audio or I can download the interview with Casey Fronczek ?

sandra finniss

I loved you're acticle on fat percentage this week. As I'm 45 and for the last year, I have join a gym and had a personal trainer once a week and my body has changed. I have put on an stone and half in weight, but my fat content is now 19%, so I now never weigh myself, as it shocks me but I just go by my fat content.
There is one down side to what happened to me , I can't fined anything to fit me, as no one make clothes to fit, as if I want a pair of jeans they may fit me round the leg but they are to big at the waist.Also to fined a dress, basically I look like a man in drag. Can anyone help !

The comments to this entry are closed.