« My extreme four-hour makeover | Main | Can You Be Fat and Happy? »

Who's Looking At Your Web Profile?

Do you think twice about putting certain photos on Facebook? Have you landed yourself in trouble on the internet? Maybe you have an online persona too? Or a second life on the web? Do you think it effects your real life? Have you ever risked a job or a relationship because of the internet?

CLICK HERE TO SHARE YOUR VIEWS NOW

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
https://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00e54f7d5d25883300e551c8e5bc8833

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Who's Looking At Your Web Profile?:

Comments

Lilly

Hey, the internet is a public domain, but I guess that fact gets forgotten a lot because it doesn't feel public when your sat in your living room, typing on your computer...don't be fooled - whether or not your photo ends up in a paper, you still have to think about other types of concerns about posting your photo on the net - the internet is definitely NOT a safe place to be posting photos of yourself, facebook is dangerous in that respect because you want to post your real name - so old friends can find you.

Be aware of other peoples possible intentions next time you think about posting something on the net - learn from other peoples mistakes and keep your identity safe.

beth

Well when she put the pictures on she obviously didn't think that they would be over the newspapers. Well i don't see why people put pictures on of themselves because anybody could be looking at them. But as many people put them on , as many as my friends do i hope some people learn not to over do it with photos. Sensible photos are fine but still risky . I hope some people learnt from Laura mistak.

kerry - Soton

The photos she used were not just normal "girly" photo's, I have photo's of me and my friends out and about having a laugh not getting drunk and kissing each other, also why would you put a photo on the internet of yourself practically naked in a pole dancing position? To attract attention, I don't understand why girls do it, it looks horrible.

mary lou

she is very responsable big deal she put fotos up who doesnt, i think ppl need to get a grip on thm selves.there is nothink wrong wit the pics shes not showin anythink off apart frm bely and u see that every day in the summer wit some of the things girls wear these days and there around the age wen u shouldnt even be showin that off,so i really do thionk u ppl out there need to get a life and leave her alone, u would def b thinkin if it was u in her situation wouldnt u so just think b4 u type.. its not like shes out there doin drugs or anythink like that

carol doyle

What sort of 19 year old is she? She should of at least thaught about the consequences of what could happen. The internet is used by millions of people, did she really think that nobody from where she's from would see? I only have one thing to say to her Act Your Age, Not Your Shoe Size!

kerry pitham

it never seems to bother people what you put on the net you your self no if you didnt feel good in your self when the photo was taken you wouldnt put it up for others to see.so in this case the photos that got put up i think are just fine its not like your running around starkers is it so what is the harm in a bit of fun now and again

marcia

i think its stupid putting them sort of pics in your profile. Anybod could look at them.

Amanda

The problem here is not Laura posting the photos, but the archaic attitude of a society that believes women can't be professional and sexy at the same time. It is about time society stopped behaving like a bunch of 14 year old school kids.

The comments to this entry are closed.