« Groomless bride | Main | Pre-teen beauty »

Sarah Champion

Do you agree with what Sarah says? Are there any reality TV stars that you particularly dislike? Do you think fame goes to their heads? Are there too many talentless celebs out there?

CLICK HERE TO SHARE YOUR VIEWS NOW

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
https://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00e54f7d5d25883300e553e2026e8834

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Sarah Champion:

Comments

Hilda Kwafo-Akoto

I completely agree with Sarah Champion(issue 27)fabulous attitude. She hit the nail on the head as not all celebrities are talented but fame-hungry desperados. These days people want to be famous so that they can get-rich quick and live the fabulous life. I cannot believe how people who go on reality shows such as BB and extend their five minutes of fame are given record deals (Sam and Amanda), tv work (Chanelle) and glamour modelling contracts (Danielle Lloyd). All these reality starswere catapulted to fame which brought them wealth and success without possesing a shred of talent. How can this be?

sharon

Hi a few weeks ago in your fab mag,you showed a beautiful necklace called the sunrise,it was a limited collection at Marks and Spencers.I live in Birmingham and thease necklaces were only issued at the London stores which of course is unfair. I tried by best to get one of thease by making enquiries and phone calls. But to no avail couod you please help me by giving me the name and contact of the designer so i can contact them to see if they can help me.or better still can you! I really had my heart set on this necklace please help

Craig Ferguson

I agree completely with everything you say regarding talentless celebrities. Shows like Big Brother, Celebrity Big Brother, I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here are long passed their sell by date. Unfortunately T.V. companies get hold of a concept and then proceed to flog it to death. These shows churn out brain dead nobodies who are talentless, who appear frequently to have psychiatric problems and in the case of the females try to maintain their so called celebrity status by climbing out of cars with no knickers on. The last edition of i'm a celebrity get me out of here did not contain very many celebrities. The X Factor has produced a number of one hit wonders, who I think had the hit because sales figures were massaged to make it more successfull than it would have been otherwise. To use the word celebrity for these people I think is an affront to genuine talented performers who have worked hard and often long to achieve success.

Miss T

As someone who works in a supermarket and works first hand with the disposal of food waste, i would seriously NOT recommend doing this. Supermarkets are not 100% to blame for all of the food waste, there is legislation after legislation that require us to dipose of so much food.
Split packaging and display dates aren't the only reason why food is disposed of. There are occasions when we have red alerts telling us to remove items and under no circumstances sell to customers. Sometimes we don't know the reasons behind the red alerts. But in other instances it could be that the manufacturer has not listed nuts on the packaging which of course is fatal to someone with an allergy.
The reason why some stores pour bleach or cleaning fluid on products is to make sure no one is seriously ill, not just because they don't want to be sued.
I really hate my job, so i'm not some pompus git trying to know it all lol.
I'd say if you insist on doing this, avoid fresh products altogether.
Don't just go by dates because the item could have been sitting out of the fridge way before the date has run out.
I think if you buy senibly and economise, you could save money and eat in confidence!

stacey

I have read your column on 'Reality Stars' or should I say 'talent less celebrities'
I couldn’t agree more with you Sarah!
Big Brother needs to be taken off air! How many more Jade Goodies do we have to suffer? Then you’ve got X factor or what was previously named? Pop Idol? The BBC with Joseph and then the Sound of Music! Channel 4 have wife swap! ENOUGH!
I have to say I feel for the genuine talented Celebs! It puts their accomplishments to shame!
The latest cheap TV show is Celeb Air? What? Give us a break!

mr peter jones

hy sarah, read your column this week with great interest, what a releive, im 62 and thought it was just me that had this opinion about the hundreds of D List, wanna bees, that we have seen in our daily papers and on tv this last 8 years or so.I grew up in the 60s with the R Stones and other groups who are still going now.These are real celebs, with tact and decoram, but the silly, stupid wanna bees from all the reality shows has now got too much.They are all nobodys, non entities as far as im concerned, you are so right in every word you have written, thanks for re assuring me that there are a few of us out here who are not easily impressed, great. P.J.

The comments to this entry are closed.