« Gigolo | Main | Joyti De-Laurey »

Shazia Mirza

What are doing to beat the credit crunch? Do you find yourself having more nights in now? What sacrifices have you made? Has your quality of life changed since tightening your purse-strings?

CLICK HERE TO SHARE YOUR VIEWS NOW

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
https://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00e54f7d5d25883300e55368bcb78834

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Shazia Mirza:

Comments

Lauren Hogg

The credit crunch has hit us bad as we are first time buyers and find everything quite a struggle.
We only ever seem to go out to weddings,funerals or christenings but at least we aren't wasting money.
We get to spend cosy nights in watching dvds,we swap films with other friends so it works out quite well.
It is a better way to see friends are most of them are in the same situation so a bbq is a great idea.
I have been selling quite a few things on e-bay,stuff that I haven't used for years,it is time to let go!
Also we have just started growing our own salad and vegetable,it is really fun and easy to do.
Like Claire we also look through the reduced sections in supermarkets to find any freezable bargains.

Martina Kelp

Great article, it doesn't have to be all doom and gloom, we can still have a laugh, i mean that's what we all did in the 80's when Thatcher was in, and we still managed to survive. I miss Jumble sales too.

Jane Cantor

Saw Shazia last night on Paramount Comedy Channel, she was hilarious! then just found this article which is just as funny! I love how she makes us laugh about the ordinary absurdities of life, and puts a funny spin on even the credit crunch! love it!

Claire Manville

Hi there

I have some fab ideas on saving money and ways of keeping packaging down during these hard times.

Children's packed lunches

Buy reusable bottles which have a detachable frozen middle bit.

Take the cooler out and place it in the freezer, fill the bottles up half way with fruit juice (buy the 1 lt saver versions). Put the frozen section back in the bottle. This also keeps the packed lunch boxes cool during the summer months

Savings

Bottles cost about 4.99 each the juice costs about 60p a litre.

You are saving hugh costs, as a pack of 6 cartons of juice cost about 1.10 for 6 x 200ml.

You are also saving on rubbish as you will only be throwing away 1 litre carton and not six 200ml ones each week.

Shopping

Go to the reduced section and look for products with freezable logo on it, and stock up. You can save pounds doing this. My freezer is stocked to the hill. Remember to defrost properly - get out the night before!!

I have a family of four and my average food bill is approx 80.00 pounds a week. Thats through planning in advance, checking my cupboards to see exactly what I need for that week. Spending time in the shops looking for bargains like bogofs etc.

Checking the reduced area and stocking up the freezer on reduced items.

Racheal Price

I so like the article it is just so true i have just showed it to my friend and we are like yesssss bring on the credit crunch we can have fun and it will remind us of true values and less greed.
Only last weekend we lit the smokey Joe in the back garden, some food and bottles of wine later we all had a fab time now we are all planning on going to Newgale in Pembrokeshire for a good ole dirty weekend!!! the meaning of this is camping no showers alcohol and barbecues and general easy going low cost fun!!!

Helen Hobbs

Funny article, really cheered me up!Makes me realise how much money I waste!

The comments to this entry are closed.