« Have you survived a mid-love crisis? | Main | What do you think of Katherine Kelly's story? »

Would you forgive George for his behaviour?

Would you feel differently about a partner if they lost of put on a lot of weight? Do you make an effort with your looks for your partner?

Comments

Graham

I think so far typical female comments. Your 'relationship expert' hit the nail on the head when they said 'if George wanted a size 24, he'd have gone for a size 24!'

Women seem to confuse love with sex and sex for love. George stayed with Sharmaine for 5 years. That suggests to me he really loves her.

However and I don't want to teach the 'birds and the bee's' but for a man to function, he needs to find his partner sexually attractive. If he doesn't then its not going to work....its just as embarrassing for him, especially when he loves her too.

Weight and women is an argument no man can ever win.

I too am going through George's 'hell'. I feel so much for their situation , my partner is African too and gone from size 10 to size 18 in 6 months and then to 12 in 3 months. She then goes out and tells me how all these men fancy her now!!!! Right... the same guys who would have given a second look at size 18 (in Sharmines case size 24!)

Now she is back upto size 18 again ad its my fault. I try and support her diets and even tell friends she's on a diet (GIRLS- to support her, no other reason!).

I love my partner from the tip of my little toe to the top of the last hair on my head, but at 18 stone I cannot 'function'. Its not a case of me not loving the lady.

I think George deserves a medal and Sharmine too because she has dealt with her 'demons', it suggests to me that as a partnership they are both deeply in love and dealt with their problem 'TOGETHER'

I just pray my relationship is as strong as they are and that we come through the other side.

Helen

Sharmaine is ( and always was gorgeous) and looks about 25 which is going to make balding, grey-haired, wrinkly 55 year old George feel like defending his corner, but being so rude and uncaring to the lady that changed her body giving him a beautiful daughter, is truly below the belt..........he deserves all he gets, which maybe a balding, grey-haired ,wrinkly old lady.
I am a 60 year old OAP and wouldn't touch him with a barge-pole despite being size 12!

Jacky

When Sharmaine started to struggle with her weight, she deserved more support from her partner. Instead it sounds like he has issues of his own, especially if he really meant his comment about wanting her to be a size zero. Sharmaine has achieved so much by losing 8st, I hope George can begin to appreciate how lucky he is.

Rachel

It wasn't George's fault that he no longer found Sharmaine as attractive when she piled on the pounds, but a supportive and loving partner would have told her he still loved her and offered gentle encouragement and support in helping her get fit again.

mcmullen

Un-real we know the person, journalism is a fantastic mechanic, the person "Director of catering" owns a Barnsley fish and Chip shop, and how in-secure take a look at the person, why change maybe the money rather than weight is the issue, sounds to me like a very in-secure and "self-fish" person, however the older end will always pay to make them feel younger.

What a joke.

The comments to this entry are closed.