« Prom queens | Main | Mariella Frostrup »

Submissive wives

How far would you go for your man? Would you give up your independence and career for your partner? Do you think you’d get bored as a submissive or surrendered wife? Or would you love not having to work again? Is this healthy in a relationship?

CLICK HERE TO SHARE YOUR VIEWS NOW

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
https://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00e54f7d5d25883300e55372b8d58833

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Submissive wives:

Comments

marie

something that you people are not understanding is that as being a submissive we are not walked all over...this is something we CHOOSE to do. We find very great satisfaction in it...we gave our men our gift of submission and we love everything that comes with it. I have never been happier and I am still learning a lot of it as I am pretty new...but I do know that I absolutely love pleasing my man...it gives me a sense of happiness and satisfaction. But to each his own, you should not say mean things about us for something we choose to do.

Simone

this is how life is meant to be. this is how happiness is achieved. I am only 19 and even I can see that this is how to make a marriage work :) I say let us return to the happy days of the 1950s and try to put all the feminist propaganda behind us - are you with me ladies?

kind regards,
Simone

Amie

I personally get a great satisfaction from serving. I find it very fulfilling. I happen to be quite submissive and nurturing by nature so. For me, at the end of the day I feel at peace knowing I have served to satisfaction. Of course I am also rewarded for this. To each his own. I do not feel anyone should be judged for their submissive nature. If a woman is being forced against her will - that is a completely seperate issue.

jenna

this annoyed me how she kept saying that she loved it. That sounds like a lie to me. How could you love serving some stupid guy day in and day out? he would have to be something really special. He would also have to show you a lot of love in return.

Richard

It is interesting. My wife gave up her career to have our three children. I earn great money so I go out to work while she stays at home keeping the place tidy, doing the laundry, chasing ater the kids, etc. She has a great life, a lot less stressful than mine with a lot more free time. Meanwhile I'm the alpha male at work, leading a huge team and making "high powered" decisions every day.

Of course, we have a twist. At home I'm slave richard. I have been tatooed with her mark, I serve her sexually anyway, she can tease me, I wear a chastity device all the time and she can cuckold me at any time.

Make what you want out of that ...

louisa

I'm sorry but I would like to know who honestly wouldn't love to jack in the job and swan around in a posh London pad/the hubbys club in Gina heels and jet off a couple of times a week on a modelling assignment - are you mad???I'll swap with you any day Samantha and so would any of these women given half the chance - especially since your fella is a very good looking chap ;-).

lou27

Oh dear oh dear ladies, what are you thinking, we live in a world that lets us humans of what name is women be equal and have our own independence, come on now you're letting the side down here, i'm no feminist however i believe that we are equal and the thought of being a surrendered wife feels like a prison sentence to me, anyone agree????

LilMizGiggles

What planet are these women on???No way wuld I ever go that far!!I'm all for seein your man;s happy,but to be stuck at home with no job and like no social life???Yeah thanks,but I will pass that vacancy on to some other mug!!!

Laura

I am far from being a submisive wife. I have been with my partner for 3 1/2 years and he is very precise in everyting that he does. Everything has its own place and why can I not remember where it is after I use it? the answer is simple- I work in a nursery where I'm running around (in a happy fun way) after children, picking up after them and working in a routine where everything is done in a certain way and everything has a place. I try not to take my work home with me so relaxing and yes, letting apperances slide is what I do. The most important point to make is that, if I were to die ,(depressing thought) I am more likely to regret not sitting down reading fabulous mag' on a Sunday afternoon than if only i had put the plates away, made the bed and the house was tidy before I went. !!!

carol

i have been slave and submisive to my husband for 26 years in all ways [including sexual] i am totaly dependant on him . we love each other very much but if he tells me to go into the garden naked to take in the washing i just do it with no questions .you you may feel i am weak and weird but this works for us .carol.

Tessa Brook

Each to the their own as my Mother used to say.!!! What works for me might not work for you. In some religions being a submissive wive is the norm and find nothing wrong with it. I know sometimes my long suffering husband wish i was , but i am as headstrong as most Western women.

I just hope that these subwissive women are so by choice and not forced to be.!!

Jemma

As i sat in the bath on a sunday night after cooking dinner and a day of laundry, gardening and housework, I looked forward to reading Fabulous. This is what I call me time kids in bed husband watching Top Gear PEACE!!!!

I was quite amused by the to read 'Submissive Wives'I dont look down on the poor girl, she is very fortunate to be in a position where she can stay at home and focus all her attentions on her man, but reality to most of us is that we have to work,run a house and look after our men (we know that most cannot cope withput us). Thrown into that we normally have several children to run around behind.

The only thing that differs from us working mums and Samantha is that she has time (lots of it), to keep herself pretty for him and when she has tidy up it simple stays tidy until her or husband move something out of place. like most women I must tidy up 50 times aday, with a toddler who has to have every toy out, decides to stamp his lunch into the carpet and draw on the walls (thats just the morning) by the time I have even to think to get out of my pj's its lunch time and then thinking about preparing tea (we dont all live off of ready meals), if I try to totter in heels over toys i'd break and I work part-time too.

As we would all like to be a 'surrended wife' we cannot financially or physically keep to it. So I be thankful Samantha that at 24 you are in a position to do this but reality will hit home when you have your children and if there ever is a time when you need to work, but truthfully you are a normal women but with privilages and heels!!!

Jo

The article says:

"Supporters say deferring to their husbands' wishes has brought them happier lives, better sex and more time to themselves".

What isn't mentioned is that they'd have all the above if their husbands were willing to share the workload too.

Clare jinks

These surrendered wives are just being ruled by their partners they need to get a life and stop being treated like doormats

Suzie

I'm certainly not against anyone that wishes to spend their life looking after hearth and home but it would not do for me even if financially I did not have to work. Yes I moan when Monday morning comes around and it is another week of hard slog but the thought of the kitchen sink is harder. I'm also not a domestic Goddess in fact quite the opposite, my husband cooks, every other week my mother comes in and goes through the house like a whirling dervish and at weekends I iron whilst watching a movie for boredom levels. So no I don't see myself as a surrendered wife and I don't have any friends or know of anybody in that situation. Still a rare breed methinks but no doubt will catch on finances permitting. I just hope these woman never find themselves in a situation where for what ever reason they have to take a job as there are not many vacancies for surrendered wives.

The comments to this entry are closed.